“Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” — Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Two years ago, D and I decided to change the way we planned for our weekend activities. In the spirit of spontaneity, we thought of writing down our ideas of a good way to spend a weekend, and add a twist of randomly selecting what to do in a sort of ‘pick our adventure for the day’ kind of way. So I dug up a mason jar and cut out small pieces of paper. There I wrote fun activities we could think of, from quiet dinners and watching Netflix at home, to outdoor activities and those that will entail a couple of hours’ drive.
Here are some examples of the things we wrote down:
- Walk and eat at Binondo, Chinatown
- Play badminton
- Early morning stroll at Roxas Boulevard
- Avail of a new gym’s free trial
- Volunteer walking the dogs at Laguna Pitbulls
- Join the free zumba class at 6AM on Sunday at Filinvest, Alabang
- General cleaning of the house and garage
- Jog or brisk walk for 30 minutes at the Ayala Triangle park
- Go on a wandering walk. Start anywhere.
- Ride the bicycle at Nuvali
- Go for a swim at the condominium pool
- Manila Bay dinner cruise
- Hike Mt. Talamitam
- Cleanup the closet
- Stroll along Fort Santiago, Intramuros
- Roadtrip to Liliw, Laguna (underground cemetery)
- Go to the National Museum
- Join a hiphop class
- Go to a waterfalls at Luisiana, Laguna
- Attend a free art class or seminar
Some of the things we have done already, and most of the time the list gets longer. Recently I have segregated the activities by color so we can budget accordingly: activities that we can do indoors for free; indoors for a fee; outdoors for free; outdoors for a fee.
It’s fun brainstorming these date ideas. In the process, I realize, that it does not matter what or where, how much or how long the activities are – what’s important is that D and I make the time to do them together, and make happy memories along the way, every day.
Beautiful quote! 😊 It made my heart smile.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you, I love this quote too. I didn’t realize it was posted, I’m still working on my notes =)
This is a fun idea. Sometimes I am not that organized ahead of time and can’t think of ideas when we have a spare weekend, so this would be the perfect solution.
LikeLiked by 1 person
It was fun planning, and then there’s the thrill of finding out what our day would look like. Hope you enjoy!
LikeLiked by 1 person