It’s my first ever Sunshine Blogger Award! A big thank you to Mr. A of https://barbariangentlemen.wordpress.com/ – this award truly warms the heart, and I’m happy to be shared with this!
And because it’s my first time to do this, I had to read the mechanics more than thrice to be sure I’m doing it right. Here are my answers to Mr. A’s questions:
- Tell us about something that you have been pursuing (or at least used to) just because others say it is worthwhile, but you haven’t found valuable? Running, I guess, because it’s not for me, and I stopped when I injured my ankle. I have since switched to cycling.
- What makes you feel truly alive? Traveling, breathing fresh air, experiencing different cultural traditions.
- Tell us something that you regard as a whim, but is also highly integral to who you are? Some may regard my change in lifestyle as a whim as it’s a complete 180 degree change from who I used to be (more than a couple of years ago). Now I’m more focused on art and sustainability, something some friends don’t quite appreciate as much. But this is my newfound purpose – to make a difference in my own little way to the world around me.
- What aspects of your identity are you still holding on but no longer believe in wholeheartedly? I’ve moved past this (as with my answer in question #3). I’d like to think I’m doing things I believe in, and I can easily say no or move on from things I don’t find worth my time and energy.
- In what aspects of your life you’re highly competitive of? Learning a new language, in particular: French. I’ve attended two classes already, and will start beginner’s class, yet again, next week. Just won’t give up on that! If all goes well, I can practice my French later this year (fingers crossed!)
- If you were to learn any form of martial art, what would it be and why? Arnis. It looks so cool!
- Give us 3 wrist watches that you consider an essential to a man’s wardrobe? Seiko Diver’s watch, a Rolex dress watch, and an Omega casual watch. Clearly I got these answers from D as I don’t know anything about watches (I use my cellphone to tell the time!)
- How do you like your eggs in the morning (runny, over easy, scrambled, hard boiled, soft boiled, etc)? Hard boiled, unsalted.
- What book have greatly challenged your perception of the world but turned out for the better? Hope for the Flowers by Trina Paulus. I read this in college – a simple read with a good message. I’d say I related to it when I was in my 30s.
- What are your opinions on the current state of my blog? What are the things the you find noteworthy? What are the things that could be improve more? I like the layout of your site and the structure you follow – TMIs on Tuesdays, blogs about Fitness, Social Skills, etc. I like the blogs about style. And I like how you keep true to yourself with expressing your thoughts. Can’t think of improvement points.
- Now for something fun, please note that this is just optional. Not need to answer if you don’t want to. For the ladies, if your special someone decided to give you a lingerie as a present, what kind of lingerie would make you feel sexy? For the guys, if you were to give your special someone a lingerie as a present, what lingerie do you think would make your special someone feel so sexy? Again, this is just Mr. A being Mr. A. I mean no disrespect to any of my nominees, and I won’t feel bad if you don’t answer this. This had me thinking as I’m more for comfort over fashion. I guess any gift will make me feel sexy if I feel like being sexy – be it lingerie, a cap or a hoodie.
Now I’m sharing the sunshine to the following bloggers whose recent blogs made me smile. Here are my nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
Mitch Teemley of https://mitchteemley.com/
M o o r e z a r t of https://moorezart.wordpress.com/
The Flying Tofu of https://theflyingtofu.com/
Paula Light of https://lightmotifs.wordpress.com/
AJ Vosse of https://ouchmybackhurts.wordpress.com/
Chopkins2x3 of https://chopkins2x3.wordpress.com/
Samira’s Notebook of https://samiramohana.wordpress.com/
My questions for the nominated bloggers are:
- Where do you find the inspiration to write your blogs?
- When was the last thing you’ve done something for the first time?
- If you were a superhero, who would you be?
- What is one simple thing (or person, place, event) that never fails to brighten up your day?
- What tradition in your family or country do you always look forward to?
- What blog (and whose blog is it) inspired you to take action?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What movie can you watch over and over again and make you feel the same way every single time?
- What is your favorite holiday destination?
- When was the last time you laughed so hard you had tears in your eyes?
- If you had the power to change anything in the world right now, what would it be?
The rules are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you;
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you;
- Nominate new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
Enjoy and congratulations!