Day #8 of being in community quarantine, I am reminded of the time when I had a similar situation a couple of years ago. My immune system was compromised and I didn’t want to risk getting a cold so I locked myself in the room for six months. At that time I could only reminisce our past travels, and dream of adventures yet to come. So with D’s inputs, I wrote the simple things and local places I’d like to do and go to after my self quarantine. The plan was to have no plans on a weekend and pick a random activity from the jar – and take it from there. It was a grand idea at the time, and so I kept the adventure jar at an eye-level location so I am reminded to pick our activity for the day.
Months passed and the jar gathered dust. The plan of freeing up a weekend did not materialise – we got distracted with chores, events, activities we’d like to do to celebrate each weekend.
Now that we’re homebound once again, the jar called out to me. I decided to check it out, look at the places and activities we initially planned to do and check off which ones we’ve already done in the last two years. As I read through the entries I was dumbfounded by most – places I have completely forgotten about. I really must plan out these free days soon – we have been missing out!
Focusing on the good side: I am happy that we’ve done these things:
- Binondo and Chinatown walking tour
- Volunteer at a non-profit charity organization
- Go to the National Museum
- Volunteer at Laguna Pitbulls
- On a clear day, go to Taytay Falls in Majayjay, Laguna
- Go to Pinto Museum
- Try out a new gym for free
- Go to a park
- Attend a free zumba class
- Go on a wandering walk (start anywhere)
- Brisk walk around Ayala Triangle
- Attend a religious service
- General Cleaning: house, garage, garden