When I was in fifth grade I remember my dad bought me my very first casette player. I cherished that gadget and that started my interest in collecting tapes. I would browse through my older cousins kuya Memeng and kuya Peppers’ tape collection, play New Wave hits and press the rewind button to repeat songs that I liked.
Today I’m spending most of the day on my new painting by numbers piece, with these songs at the background. Everytime I hear these songs, my mind would wander back to childhood days when my brother and I were playing or hanging out with family at my grandma’s terrace. Simple yet happy days…
Sharing my New Wave playlist with you, and hoping that wherever you are in the world – you’re having a good day!
- Because the Night by 10,000 Maniacs
- Shout by Tears for Fears
- Take on Me by A-ha
- Wishful Thinking by China Crisis
- Luka by Suzanne Vega
- People Are People by Depeche Mode
- I Like Chopin by Gazebo
- Karma Chameleon by Culture Club
- Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart
- Wild Boys by Duran Duran
- Blue Kiss by Jane Wiedlin
- Always Something There to Remind Me by Naked Eyes
- Boys Do Fall In Love by Robin Gibb