Every once in a while now I hear the sound of planes taking off. I’m also starting to see emails from airlines offering no-change fees for dates in the future. While I am so tempted to book, I’m still mostly hesitant. I don’t think I have it in me to be an ‘early adapter’ of public transport until this virus is wiped out or at least a vaccine’s approved and marketed.
I think for the time being I’ll stick to roadtrips when the lockdown in the Philippines is lifted. Time to check off some items in my bucket list over the next few months, and squeeze in some local travels that I haven’t had the time to do, before Corona.
- High time for a long drive to Caramoan Islands, Camarines Sur
- Since we’ll drive all the way to Bicol, check out Calaguas Island, Camarines Norte as well
- Visit my university, UP Los Banos, and see what’s changed since I left 21 years ago
- Explore the Spanish colonial houses at Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar, Bataan
- Properly fly a kite in an open field somewhere in the south
- Check out the dramatic seaside views from Dingalan, Aurora
- Revisit the white sand beaches and the mystic caves of Bolinao, Pangasinan
- Farmstay during the cooler months at Majayjay, Laguna. And along the way buy bibingka and coconut juice at the roadsides of Luisiana, Laguna
Fingers crossed, within 2020. Please, please, please.
Thanks for hearing out my wishlist. What’s on yours?
Good luck with your plan 🙂 I really want to visit Australia later this year because a good friend of mine is taking on year there 🙂 fingers crossed too eheh have a great day, PedroL
LikeLiked by 1 person
Good luck to you too Pedro!
Thanks 🙂 PedroL